[McIDAS #MWQ-801749]: McIDAS-X 2009 and Solaris 11 Express

Hi Robert,

re:
> There is not a different window manager I can try.  GNOME is it.

Bummer (and unexpected!).

re:
> I will see if there is a KDE package for Solaris 11 (it uses a
> different package management system than older versions).

Interestingly, KDE used to give McIDAS fits.  By fits I mean that there
was some sort of a memory leak that McIDAS tickled.  If one ran McIDAS
for only a short time (a few hours), no problems were noticed.  If,
on the other hand, one left McIDAS running for a couple of days, system
memory would eventually get exhausted.  I kept testing the Unidata
McIDAS release with each new version of KDE, and the problem eventually
went away.  I never had any problems with Gnome, however.

Ticket ID: MWQ-801749