[McIDAS #MWQ-801749]: McIDAS-X 2009 and Solaris 11 Express

Hi Robert,

re: try running McIDAS directly from the console

> Direct from the console it goes nuts as before.  I did a pkill mc
> before the display could lock up.

The display should never lock-up from an errant user application (or,
at least, that is my belief at the moment).

re: try SSHing in from another machine to see what happens

> I ssh'ed in from a Solaris 10 machine and MCGUI works fine, so
> it appears it has something to do with the Solaris 11 X-server (or GNOME?).

Well, it certainly is related to the re-parenting of the McIDAS image window
(mcimage) and that action's interaction with the window manager/X window
system.

Question:

- is there a different window manager you can try on the same machine?

Ticket ID: MWQ-801749