[McIDAS #MWQ-801749]: McIDAS-X 2009 and Solaris 11 Express

Hi Robert,

re: McIDAS had not run on sweden before I logged on
> No, on that machine  I have not tested it at all.

OK.

re:
> I did a xhost+ as the user I was logged in as (weather),
> then su'ed to mcidas (this is on the workstation you are on).

OK.

re:
> I started McIDAS and got the same issue as I have had before..that
> you apparently don't get.

Correct.  I had no problems (aside from slowness).

re:
> Actually X is now locked up as that user.

X locking-up sure seems to indicate some other kind of problem.  I
will have to touch base with our system admin to see what he has to
say.

re:
> So it is the new version of X that Solaris 11 has, it appears.

It is starting to look like that.

re:
> BTW I am going to have to just reboot the machine you are on to clear the X
> lockup.

No worries.  I logged off so you can reboot.

Please try the following:

- login to the console as the user 'mcidas' (i.e., avoid the 'xhost +' and
  'su' steps)

- try running McIDAS directly from the console

- another test is to logon to a different machine and then SSH to sweden
  (ssh -XY address@hidden) and run McIDAS to see what happens

  This would kinda mimic what I just did.  'kinda' would be 'exactly' if
  you SSHed in from a Linux machine.

Ticket ID: MWQ-801749
Department: Support McIDAS