[McIDAS #XCH-253330]: problems with data on goessouth.unidata.ucar.edu?

Hi Barry,

re:
> We have a McIDAS-V user who emailed us (below) this past weekend
> saying that he can no longer access data on the server
> goessouth.unidata.ucar.edu. I verified that it's not accessible from
> my McIDAS-V and McIDAS-X sessions. They gave these results:
>
> McIDAS-V gave "Could not connect..." error with "Dataset may
> require ADDE accounting information"
> McIDAS-X command DSINFO I SOUTH eventually timed out and gave
> "TOO MANY LINES TO LIST" error
>
> Do you know when or if that server will be available again? (It's on
> the list of publically accessible McIDAS ADDE servers at
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/adde_servers.html.)

Removal of the existing software development environment and applying a large
number of operating system patches on goessouth unexpectedly resulted in a
problem in serving the GOES South America data.  That problem has now been
fixed,
so your user should once again be able to get data with no problems.

Ticket ID: XCH-253330