[McIDAS #JMF-639122]: Dataset not found via ADDE

Hi Robert,

I verified that I can contact the ADDE server on wxmcidas.balloonfacility.com
(so access to port 112 is not blocked by a firewall), and that it does not
appear that any type of data is associated with the group ESRANGE:

DSINFO ALL ESRANGE
    No Datasets found of Type: IMAGE in Group: ESRANGE
    No Datasets found of Type: POINT in Group: ESRANGE
    No Datasets found of Type: GRID  in Group: ESRANGE
    No Datasets found of Type: TEXT  in Group: ESRANGE
    No Datasets found of Type: NAV   in Group: ESRANGE
DSINFO -- done

re:
> If you want to login to the server wxmcidas.balloonfacility.com as mcidas let
> me know.

This would be very helpful!

My suspicions are that the McIDAS environment defined for whatever user you
were logged in as on the machine (and for which the IMGDISP succeeded) is
different than the environment defined in the .mcenv file in the HOME
directory of the user 'mcidas'.  The "workflow" for an external ADDE
connection is:

- access to port 112 triggers the running of the script 'mcservsh'
  which should be installed in the ~mcidas/bin directory

- 'mcservsh' reads (sources) the file ~mcidas/.mcenv

- '.mcenv' is responsible for setting up environment variables
  needed for McIDAS applications to run (including ADDE servers)

- 'mcservsh' execs mcenv and the serving process proceeds

So, the questions are:

- what does your ~mcidas/.mcenv file look like?

- how does '.mcenv' contents differ from the settings in your
  interactive login?

Ticket ID: JMF-639122
Department: Support McIDAS