[McIDAS #QAA-894732]: Mcidas X

Hi Boris,

re: DSSERVE invocation to create STORM/SND05ABRIL dataset
Not very clear to me where I run the instruction above, from the command
line (Console) or from a McIDAS X session?

When I use upper case for a McIDAS command name in an example invocation,
it indicates that the invocation is run in a McIDAS-X session.  When the
command name is lower case and has a '.k' suffix, it indicates that it
is run from the Linux command line.

For example, here is the invocation to create the STORM/SND05ABRIL dataset
both ways:

1) login to the 'mcidas' account

2) cd $MCDATA

3) run the command:

   a) from the Linux command line:

dsserve.k ADD STORM/SND05ABRIL AREA
DIRFILE=/home/boris/mcidas/data/05ABRIL/AREA\* \"GOES Sounder imagery for 5
April

      NOTEs:

      - command is run directly as 'dsserve.k'
      - the '*' portion of the DIRFILE= regular expression has to be escaped
(the '\'
        before the '*') otherwise the Linux shell will try to interpret it
      - the quote '"' has to be escaped otherwise the Linux shell will try to
interpret it

   b) run from a McIDAS-X session

DSSERVE ADD STORM/SND05ABRIL AREA DIRFILE=/home/boris/mcidas/data/05ABRIL/AREA*
"GOES Sounder imagery for 5 April

re:
> because I have understood, I can not run McIDAS X into mcidas account

I don't understand this comment.  In Unidata McIDAS-X you can run McIDAS as the
user 'mcidas'.

re:
How define the new dataset from the user mcidas?

The step-by-step example above does just this: creates the new
dataset STORM/SND05ABRIL as the user 'mcidas'.

Ticket ID: QAA-894732
Department: Support McIDAS