[McIDAS #KTX-368325]: IDV, LDM and ADDE

Hi Mark,

re:
> We will be upgrading out LDM server over the winter break and was
> wondering about setting up and ADDE server for IDV use.  Currently our
> IDV use in the classroom is very limited due to the slowness of pulling
> data over the internet.  Since we have a NOAAport system feeding our LDM
> server I was wondering if there was any documentation on setting up an
> ADDE server for this purpose.

ADDE is part of McIDAS, so the instructions for setting up ADDE serving
of data is in the McIDAS documentation.

re:
> I was unable to find any clear information on this in my searches.
> We would like to make as much data available as possible from our
> NOAAport feed so we can avoid remote servers for data retrieval.

This is exactly what we are doing on server machines we operate (e.g.,
adde.ucar.edu, adde.cise-nsf.gov, unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu, etc.).

re:
> Examples for pqact.conf entries would be very helpful.

These are included in the Unidata McIDAS-X/-XCD distribution.

re:
> I was hoping to
> use a standalone ADDE server since we do not use McIdas.

You will need to install McIDAS to get things working.  I can
help you with this if you like.  Please let me know if you
are interested.

Ticket ID: KTX-368325