[McIDAS #NEG-766601]: GOES WEST

Hi Paul,

re:
> I think I got all the stuff settled.

Excellent, I always like to hear of success stories :-)

re:
> It took some time finding the right
> file to edit. I ended up having to fix LLSERVE.BAT.

LSSERVE.BAT is created for you when you run the 'mcxconfig' configuration
script.  That script ask questions about which LDM-delivered data you
will be ingesting and builds LSSERVE.BAT from template files included
in the Unidata McIDAS-X distribution like GINIADDE.BAT.

re:
> Plus I realized we had
> several versions of ADDEGINI.BAT. what are we supposed to have and where?

If the files you have are really named ADDEGINI.BAT, they were likely
created locally by someone at COD.  The template files you should have
can be found in the ~mcidas/mcidas<version>/data directory (here
<version> would be replaced by the version number you are running like
2009).

The template files get installed in the ~mcidas/data directory.  Again
'mcxconfig' will combine multiple template files into LSSERVE.BAT.
It then tells the user to edit LSSERVE.BAT and adjust anything that
needs adjustment (like the directory(ies) where images are to be
found).

FYI: I am working on a new Unidata McIDAS-X addendum (update).  In addition
to all of the changes made in their v2011.1 release (released in November),
will be updated template files that should (if I do my job correctly/fully)
reflect changes like the switch of GOES-West from GOES-11 to GOES-15. I
am hoping to have the new addendum (which will be labeled v2009i) before
the beginning of the new year.

Have a great holiday!

Ticket ID: NEG-766601
Department: Support McIDAS