[McIDAS #OWN-737162]: how to install McIdas

Hi Dan,

re:
> I have registered and am trying to figure out how to install McIDAS.
> Unfortunately, the install instructions are quite vague and not at all
> clear.

Since I wrote the installation instructions in the Unidata McIDAS website,
I must apologize for them not being clear enough!

re:
> Can someone please help me with this install.

Yes, absolutely.

re:
> I am on a 64 bit
> Redhat system and I have sudo, but not root access.

The lack of 'root' privilege will not be an issue _IF_ your system
administrator has already created a 'mcidas' account, and if your
machine's development environment has everything needed to do a
build installed.  The easiest way to find out of the latter is true
is to proceed with a build and see what happens.

re:
> The file that I have
> downloaded is mcidasx2009.tar.gz  and I have untarred this file. Are
> there any step by step instructions ?

The steps listed in the Unidata McIDAS Installation guide are step-by-step.
Perhaps I could expedite your installation by logging in as 'mcidas' on
your system?

Ticket ID: OWN-737162