[McIDAS #DXH-400982]: AREA max number limitation

Hi Mary Ellen,

re:
> Hi Tom, I'm excited to hear you're not having any problems with IMGREMAP. It
> makes me wonder if there is something simple we're missing on our end or if
> it's truly a McIDAS source code issue?

I would imagine that it is something simple on your end.

re:
> I should also point out that we can successfully IMGDISP and IMGPROBE G15
> imagery but we are unable to "operate" on any images using IMGREMAP, IMGOPER
> or IMGCOPY.

Weird.  NB: the values you get back from an IMGPROBE will be incorrect for
GOES-15 imagery.

re:
> We get the error message of "Error writing area directory" when using
> IMGCOPY and "Failed to open destination directory" when using IMGREMAP.

This sounds like you are attempting to write into a directory where
the user running McIDAS does not have write permission.

re:
> From our perspective we'd like to KNOW that paying to upgrade our McIDAS
> software will FIX the problem

I don't think that the problem you have sketched out is caused by or will
be cured by an upgrade in your McIDAS installation.

re:
> and allow us to operate on G15 data.

I would assume that "operating" on GOES-15 data would include being able to
get correct values for temperatures, etc.  This would be fixed by an upgrade.

re:
> Frankly,
> our contract can't afford unnecessary expenses at this time. Do you know of
> any way we could test this?

Test which?  For the IMGREMAP problem I would further investigate where you
are trying to write output files.  For getting correct values from the
imagery, I suppose that we could compare specific points on specific images
so you would know how far off your values are.

re:
> Thanks again!

No worries.

Ticket ID: DXH-400982