[McIDAS #NJA-425146]: Interesting in McIDAS X Free

Hi Boris,

re: check to see if the directory /data/ldm/mcidas does not exist on your
machine

> indeed the directory /data/ldm/mcidas does not exist.

OK, that confirms my suspicion of why you were getting the warnings when
running DMAP.

re: You can get rid of these annoying warnings in either of two ways:

> > - create the directory /data/ldm/mcidas (make sure that it is both
> >   readable and writable by the user running McIDAS ('boris'?)

> which of the two accounts i make the directory, boris or mcidas?

Make the directory as the user 'mcidas', and make sure that it is both
readable and writable by you ('boris').

re I like to run McIDAS V from a different machine and to access the data
found in the boris account ( /home/boris/mcidas/data)

OK.  That means that you/we need to setup remote ADDE serving on the machine
on which McIDAS-X is running.  To do this, you/we will need 'root' privilege
on the machine.

re:

> You could get into my machine to check the problem of remote server account?

I was unable to make the time to look into your problem on Friday (I am
currently
incorporating SSEC's changes in their v2011.1 release of McIDAS-X into the
Unidata McIDAS-X/XCD release).  I will try to logon to your machine as soon
as I can; sorry for the delay...

Ticket ID: NJA-425146