[McIDAS #BZU-651546]: Interesting in McIDAS X Free

Hi Boris,

re:
> I have a question more: because every time I start a session mcidas I get a
> warning : Cannot convert string "9x15bold" to type FontStruct therefore I
> get my command window as in the image attached, i must have misconfigured
> some part of the program?

No, this indicates that a font used as the default in the McIDAS 'mctext'
application is not installed on your machine.  Here is what you need to
do to get rid of this annoying message:

<as 'root'>
yum install xorg-x11-fonts-misc

While you are at it, I would also install a couple of additional font packages:

yum install xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi
yum install xorg-x11-fonts-100dpi

Ticket ID: BZU-651546