[McIDAS #RAZ-379711]: GOES-West Ingestor has blank images

Hi Fred,

re:
> Today at 16Z GOES-west was changed from GOES-11 to GOES-15.  The
> GOESWEST ADDE ingestor McIDAS AREA files are updating with the
> correct time, but the data appears to be blank when one loads an
> image.

I noticed this also.

re:
> Are there any updates needed for the ingestor?  SSEC has SDI updates
> for the modified GVAR format used by GOES-15.

I received notification from SSEC of a new binary release of the SDI
software, but I have not installed it (yet).  Reason?  I build all
but one of the SDI executables using our McIDAS distribution (Unidata
McIDAS).  The reason I do this is so that I can fix problems in the
code as they arise and not have to wait for updates from SSEC.

I just updated the GVAR server modules on goeswest.unidata.ucar.edu
with ones built from source which include the modifications that
the SSEC release notes indicate contain needed calibration updates
for GOES-15, but the displayed images are still blank.  I am investigating
why this is the case.

Ticket ID: RAZ-379711