[McIDAS #WRY-275628]: Installing McIDAS-X without ADDE

Hi Kwan,

re:
> I used the touch command to get pass the McIDAS programs that could not
> compile (mostly
> grid file commands).  Now, IMG commands appear to be working fine.

OK.  Not the optimal solution, but whatever works :-)

re:
> Next, I used the DSSERVE command to define some GOES images and IMGLIST was
> able to list
> the images correctly.  However, when I attempted to define some national
> radar composite
> images, I ran into a problem.  First, I tried
>
> dsserve.k ADD RADAR/NAT AREA TYP=IMAGE
> DIR="$RAD/RADAR_NATL/US-NATL/BREF_2.00/*"
> Group/Descriptor         Type  Format & Range     RT Comment
> ------------------------ ----- ------------------ -- --------------------
> RADAR/NAT                IMAGE AREA
> DIRFILE=/export-3/ncosrvnfs/images/radar/RADAR_NATL/
> US-NATL/BREF_2.00/*
>
> But when I tried to list them using imglist.k RADAR/NAT.ALL, I got
>
> Image file directory listing for:RADAR/NAT
> imglist.k: No images satisfy the selection criteria
> imglist.k: done
>
> I also tried dsserve.k ADD RADAR/NAT GINI TYP=IMAGE
> DIR="$RAD/RADAR_NATL/US-NAT/BREF_2.00/*"
> But I got
>
> Image file directory listing for:RADAR/NAT
> Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center   Band(s)
> sensor                                 Lat  Lon
> --- -------------  ------------  --------  ---- ---- ------------
> 0  DERIVED DATA   0 JAN 00000  00:00:00
> imglist.k: done
>
> Do you have any idea how I may proceed from here?  I am attaching a sample
> image for you
> in the email.

What kind of image is your file and where did you get it?

Like you, I tried creating an ADDE dataset specifying different image types,
but none worked:

dsserve.k ADD TEST/RAD AREA TYP=IMAGE DIR="/home/mcidas/Downloads/BREF_2.00*
\"Test composite radar image

dsserve.k ADD TEST/RAD NOWR TYP=IMAGE DIR="/home/mcidas/Downloads/BREF_2.00*
\"Test composite radar image

dsserve.k ADD TEST/RAD GINI TYP=IMAGE DIR="/home/mcidas/Downloads/BREF_2.00*
\"Test composite radar image

I took a look at the first several thousand bytes of the image and it does not
look like
any type I am familiar with.

Ticket ID: WRY-275628