[McIDAS #NVV-458972]: McIDAS installation problems

Hi George,

re:
> I am now able to run McIDAS!

Excellent!

re:
> I had set VENDOR incorrectly in the .cshrc
> file.

Those typos will kill ya ;-)

re:
> However, I noticed that if I run the following step:
>
> Define the MCDATA, MCPATH, and MCGUI environment variables:
>
> Type: setenv MCDATA /home/mcidas/mcidas2009/data
> Type: setenv MCPATH /home/mcidas/mcidas2009/data:/home/mcidas/mcidas2009/src
> Type: setenv MCGUI /home/mcidas/mcidas2009/src
> Type: unsetenv MCTABLE_READ
> Type: unsetenv MCTABLE_WRITE

OK these steps are optional for users upgrading from a previous version
of McIDAS, and do not need to be run for new McIDAS installations (the
idea behind these steps was to test out some functionality before replacing
an existing, working installation.

re:
> I am unable to run McIDAS and get the same error I was getting before
> (fileToList).  The variable are currently set to the following:
>
> doohan:~> echo $MCDATA
> /home/mcidas/workdata
> doohan:~> echo $MCPATH
> /home/mcidas/workdata:/home/mcidas/workdata:/home/mcidas/data:/home/mcidas/help
> doohan:~> echo $MCGUI
> /home/mcidas/bin
> doohan:~> echo $MCTABLE_READ
> /home/mcidas/workdata/MCTABLE.TXT;/home/mcidas/data/ADDESITE.TXT
> doohan:~> echo $MCTABLE_WRITE
> /home/mcidas/data/ADDESITE.TXT

I will revisit these steps to find and fix the gotchas.

re:
> Thanks for your help,

No worries.  I'm glad you are up and running.

Ticket ID: NVV-458972
Department: Support McIDAS