[McIDAS #WRY-275628]: Installing McIDAS-X without ADDE

Hi Kwan,

re:
> When I tried to access http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/mcidas using
> Internet
> Explorer, it responded with the message "The website declined to show this
> webpage".

Questions:

- Did you login to our website first?

- Is your email address included in our McIDAS download exception list?

  In the past, you downloaded Unidata McIDAS on behalf of CCNY.  If your
  current use for McIDAS is strictly NOAA-related, you will likely be
  forced to become licensed for McIDAS from UW/SSEC.

Background:

All non-'.edu' users emails need to be included in a McIDAS download exception
list
for access to be granted.  One must login to our website to be recognized as
being
allowed to download AND his/her non-'.edu' email address must be in the
exception
list.  After that, access to the page should be granted.

If access is still not granted after logging in to our website, please let me
know.
We are right in the middle of moving from one building to another, and we moved
our webserver yesterday as part of the process.  If there are problems that
have cropped up after the move (which included a reboot after being up for
almost
400 days), we will need to investigate.

Ticket ID: WRY-275628
Department: Support McIDAS