[McIDAS #AXZ-539987]: MTSAT raw data in HRIT format

Hi C.K.,

I apologize for the _long_ time it took to get to your question.  When
we received your inquiry we were in the middle of hosting training workshops.
Since then we have been busy packing our offices in preparation for a move.

re:
> I am new to McIDAS-V and would like to use it to display MTSAT raw data
> encoded in HRIT format.
>
> I used the ADDE Data Manager to create a new local dataset of my local
> MTSAT datafiles and got an error message "No images satisfy the
> selection criteria" when using the "Data Explorer" to load the data.
>
> Please advise which "Format" should be used as I have already tried
> "Meteosat OpenMTP", "MSG HRIT FD", "MSG HRIT HRV" and "MTSAT HRIT".

I would have thought that one of these formats would have worked, especially
"MTSAT HRIT"...

Did you try contacting SSEC about this problem?  If not, I would encourage
you to visit their web pages related to McIDAS-V (McIDAS-V is available
directly from SSEC, not from Unidata):

SSEC McIDAS
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/

  McIDAS-V
  http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/software/v/

  All McIDAS-V Forums
  http://dcdbs.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidasv/forums/

You will need to register for the McIDAS-V forum to post and get
help from SSEC and other McIDAS-V users.

Again, I apologize for letting your inquiry languish!

Ticket ID: AXZ-539987
Department: Support McIDAS