[McIDAS #MWQ-801749]: McIDAS-X 2009 and Solaris 11 Express

Hi Robert,

First, it was good to see you at the GEMPAK workshop!

re:
> I have confirmed that McIDAS-X 2009 build with either gcc or
> Sun Studio results in a race condition with McGUI where the GUI
> keeps loading and nearly locks up the X-display.

OK, thanks for verifying that the resizing loop is not a result
of the compiler used to build the Tcl/Tk portion of the McIDAS
distribution.

re:
> Is there some sort of debug I could run for you?  I do not see a core file.

I will need to try and recreate the problem here and/or study the resizing
portion of the MCGUI code to see if I can see a way to get around the resizing.
This will have to wait until after our workshops are over, however.

Ticket ID: MWQ-801749