[McIDAS #TWS-355653]: changing center longitude

Hi John,

re:
> I recently retrieved many MSG-1 (Meteosat-8) images from the UMARF archive at
> EUMETSAT, in McIDAS. All images are incorrectly navigated with a center
> longitude
> of -1 versus what it should be, 9.5 E. In the McIDAS longitude convention,
> they
> should have -9.5 as the central longitude. I have notified EUMETSAT about
> correcting
> the problem.

Hmm... I seem to recall hearing about this problem previously.  I think that it
was mentioned at a McIDAS Users Group meeting either last fall or the one before
that.

re:
> I have played with the LWU "POKE" command/option, yet have not found the word
> need to change (from -1 to -9.5).  Is there an easy way to correct this
> problem,
> or should I just correct the images once the data are read into another
> program
> like IDL, Matlab, etc?

You should be able to change the value in the AREA file using the POKE option
of LWU.  Exactly which value needs to be changed, however, escapes me at the
moment.

Request:

- can you put one or two of the images in question on an FTP server for me to
  grab and play with?

  Thanks in advance...

re:
> Thank you for your help!

No worries.  As soon as I have an image to play with I should be able to get
you the correct location to change with 'LWU POKE'.

Ticket ID: TWS-355653
Department: Support McIDAS