[McIDAS #QNI-213974]: IMGCHA problems

Hi Paul,

re:
> Seems like when it snow it BLIZZARDS! I have had to switch some of our
> feeds to UCAR.ADDE's site. When we are running locally, and actually in
> some of my batch files I see a problem may still exist, i have gotten this
> error:
>
> /home/mcidas/bin/imgcha.k: Nominal start date is out of range    980840037
> /home/mcidas/bin/imgcha.k: Actual start date is out of range   1229867335
> /home/mcidas/bin/imgcha.k: Too many bands; more than  3000
>
> What causes imgcha to do that?

All of these messages indicate that the directory of the image being modified
is damaged/bad/not of form AREA.

Question:

- what type of image are you trying to modify?

  Even though the documentation for IMGCHA does not say so, I believe it
  can only work on images of type AREA.

The other possibility that comes to mind is that your ADDE dataset definition
includes some files that are not images of type AREA.

Questions:

- what is the dataset definition for the dataset that you are trying to
  work on (send me the output of DSSERVE LIST dataset_group_name)

- what was the IMGCHA command line for one of the invocations that failed?

Ticket ID: QNI-213974
Department: Support McIDAS