[McIDAS #TUH-792242]: Products missing? (Or: Please wake Tom Yoksas out of bed, because 8 AM is late enough! ;-) )

Hi Gilbert,

re: Nice message :-(

> Hey, everyone else thinks it's funny! ;-)

I think it is funny also!

re: network outage preventing data products created on unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu
from being setn

> Interesting! So the new LDM 6.9.0 did it's job! That's good to know.

Yes, it is always nice when things work as designed ;-)

re:
> So, the question is...every time I see this, do I send a message?

I would say no _unless_ the outage is prolonged.

re:
> Is
> UNIDATA going to mimic this crontab entry with LDM 6.9.0 so that
> you and others can see this happening:
>
> 3 * * * * /bin/bash -l -c 'wasReceived -f "UNIWISC" -o 3600' || echo McIDAS
> data-products have not been received in the last hour

We have had monitors in-place for years.  I was aware of the network outage to
unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu within 5 minutes of it occurring.  Since that machine is
not here in the UPC, we  typically have to wait until some status is received
from folks in the SSEC Data Center.  If it looks like the outage will be "long"
(admittedly an indefinite term), we will send a note to ldm-users alerting them
to the outage.

Ticket ID: TUH-792242
Department: Support McIDAS