[McIDAS #HZC-630597]: mcidas question

Hi Sepide,

re: who are you running McIDAS commands as?
> i log in as the user mcidas

OK.

re: does the first DSSERVE command that sets up the input ADDE dataset
> yes

OK.  If this dataset definition for the input dataset does not change,
you do not need to re-execute the DSSERVE command to define it.  This
assumes, however, that you always run the commands from the same directory.
The reason for this is that the ADDE dataset definitions are stored in
a disk file named RESOLV.SRV, and that file needs to be findable by
McIDAS commands.

re: are you running scripts or do you run the commands by hand?

> i do it by hand

OK.  This seems like the hard way to do things, but it is up to you...

re:
> the input directory is the same, it is just the output directory

OK.

re:
> should i write this command after i introduce my output data set?

It doesn't matter.  What does matter is that you run the REDIRECT command(s)
before you run the IMGCOPY command(s).

re:
> i believe i have writing permission

I would test this first to make sure.  You will save yourself a lot of
headaches if you are sure that you can write to the output directory
before running IMGCOPY.

Ticket ID: HZC-630597
Department: Support McIDAS