[McIDAS #NGM-207442]: mcidas

Hi Sepide,

re:
> Can i ask my question another way?
> How we can see an area file in mcidas?

If you run IMGDISP from the McIDAS Text and Command window, the resulting
display of the image will be shown in the McIDAS Image window.

re:
> because i recognized when we run mcidas, a graphic window pops out, how i
> can see my file in the graphic interface?

Is the graphical window that pops up labeled as MCGUI?

If you are running the MCGUI interface, then you should do the following:

- first, start McIDAS using the GUI startup method:

  mcidas -config

  In this GUI, you can select the number of frames in the session; the
  size of the frames (lines,elements), etc.  The default settings for
  the number of frames and size of those frames is small, but it
  is easily changed.  I suggest starting a session with 16 frames
  of at least 600x800 (linesXelements).  If your workstation has h
  higher resolution display, then increase the size of the frames in
  McIDAS correspondingly.

- next, you can display the images in your dataset from the command
  line in the MCGUI.  Click on the icon at the top that has what is supposed
  to look like a little keyboard.  This will open the MCGUI text and command
  window.  From this window, you can enter any/all McIDAS commands you
  want to run.  For instance, here is an IMGDISP invocation that loads
  the most recent image from the TEST/G7VIS dataset:

  IMGDISP TEST/G7VIS EU=IMAGE MAG=-6 -12; MAP SAT

  If you created a dataset of a different name for your images, you will
  need to use that name in place of TEST/G7VIS

- the MCGUI configuration can be modified to support display of images
  in new datasets.  This is done by creating a file called ADDEIMAGE.USER
  in your McIDAS working directory.  The contents of this file define
  the dataset elements to display, how to display the images, etc.

  Here is a very simple example ADDEIMAGE.USER file that defines how
  to display an image from the TEST/G7VIS dataset:

TEST SERVERS=LOCAL-DATA
TEST/G7VIS ALL=#?VFRMS LINELE=1 1 PLACE=ULEFT MAG=-6 -12 EU=IMAGE REFRESH='EG
(GRA);MAP FILE=OUTVHPOL GRA=(GRA) MCOL=1 WID=1 MBRK=1'

  Put this file in your $MCDATA directory making sure that it is named
  ADDEIMAGE.USER.

  In the MCGUI, click on the Configure dropdown at the top and select Load
Image Display Defaults.
  This will open up a small GUI titled File Select.  In the entry labeled
Filter:, change
  CORE to USER (leave the *.).  Click on the directory in the ones listed that
is
  your McIDAS working directory.  On the right hand side, you should see
ADDEIMAGE.USER
  listed; click on it.  Then click on the Load button at the bottom.

  At this point, your MCGUI should be setup to use the definition(s) you made
in ADDEIMAGE.USER.
  To list the image datasets that the MCGUI is configured to work with, click
on:

  Display -> Imagery

  From the dropdown list, select the group name of the dataset whose entry(ies)
you
  defined in ADDEIMAGE.USER.

  NB: each time you modify the contents of ADDEIMAGE, you will need to
re-execute
  the configuration step above (i.e., click on Configure -> Load Image Display
Defaults,
  change CORE to USER, etc.)

Ticket ID: NGM-207442
Department: Support McIDAS