[McIDAS #HPW-941884]: What am I doing wrong?

Hi Gilbert,

re:
> When I stump the great Tom Yoksas, I better go on vacation
> to Antarctica. The world is coming to an end! ;-)

Thanks for the compliment (?) :-)

This one is a poser for sure!  I will need to rebuild the top level
server module 'mcserv' to write log output in order to figure out
what is going on.  My sleuthing yesterday came to naught, and, quite
frankly, left me more confused than when I started.  I was hoping
that something would dawn on me last night while relaxing at home,
but nothing makes good sense.  I am especially baffled by the remote
access working for datasets other than GINICOMP/GINIEAST/GINIWEST.
This should point to some sort of a problem with the server for those
datasets EXCEPT that they work fine when not going through the remote
ADDE interface.  The symptom of the failure is that the server
connection is broken very quickly which would imply that 'mcserv' is
failing when trying to exec the GINI servers (giniadir and giniaget).
Some extended debugging today will hopefully shed light on what is
going on...

Ticket ID: HPW-941884
Department: Support McIDAS