[McIDAS #HPW-941884]: What am I doing wrong?

Hi Gilbert,

Sorry for the slow response (I was helping out in the LDM and IDV workshops
last week, and I took the weekend off)...

re:
> I have automated scripts that plot watch/warning graphics and information
> to my websites. They stopped working after I updated to McIDAS 2009f.

Hmm... this is unexpected!

re:
> In trying to figure out what changed in the command line, it seems like
> the ADDE server isn't working.

There were no changes to syntax for any commands, so I would not expect
that the current failure is due to the change.  As far as the ADDE server
not working, I might suspect that _if_ you are getting data from your
own ADDE server(s) _and_ only if something went wrong in the upgrade.
My memory of things, however, is that you were using remote ADDE servers
(e.g., adde.ucar.edu (aka motherlode.ucar.edu) instead of local ones.

re:
> Yet, I installed it when I did the update,
> and tested it. Now, after a reboot, it doesn't seem to be working on
> weather.admin.niu.edu, weather2.admin.niu.edu, or weather3.admin.niu.edu.

If you use your own ADDE servers I would guess that something is not
right with 'xinetd' after your reboot.

re:
> When I choose "localhost" on weather2 and weather3 for the data that I
> have coming in, I can plot it out.

OK, this is good.

re:
> Do you see any error messages from your end? Any idea what it could be?

I'll check and report back in a separate email.

re:
> Thanks for your time and help, as always!

No worries.

Ticket ID: HPW-941884
Department: Support McIDAS