[McIDAS #HIF-234168]: Solaris 10 and McIDAS-X update

Hi Robert,

re:
> While I agree that what you say makes perfect sense, I cannot find netcdf
> anywhere on the box other than in the gempak user's home dir.  Nothing in
> any of the system libs, nor in /usr/sfw or in /opt/sfw.
>
> Any ideas?

Hmm... if there is no other netCDF library, it must mean that the netCDF
contained in the McIDAS distribution was built in 64-bit mode.  I talked
with Russ Rew about this, and he assured me that the default build for
netCDF under Solaris x86 is 32-bit.  Users that want 64-bit builds need
to do something (add the -m64 flag) to cause the build to be in 64-bit.

Let's make sure we are certain of how the netCDF is being built:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2009/netcdf/ncdump
file ncdump

Also, do the following: