[McIDAS #HIF-234168]: Solaris 10 and McIDAS-X update

Hi Robert,

OK, I have a working hypothesis for what is happening on your machine.
First an observation:

- your ~mcidas/mcidas2009/netcdf/config.log looks just like mine ... good

Given this observation, I believe that the netCDF build in the McIDAS
distribution _is_ 32-bit as it should be.  Please test this as follows:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2009/netcdf/ncdump
file ncdump

The output from this run on my development machine is:

% file ncdump
ncdump:         ELF 32-bit LSB executable 80386 Version 1 [FPU], dynamically
linked, not stripped

Now the hypothesis:

- I believe that 'make' is using a netCDF library (static or shared) that
  is different from the one built with McIDAS.

  This would happen, for instance, if the netCDF library(ies) were installed
  in a system library directory since that library would be used in preference
  to the one in the ~mcidas/mcidas2009/netcdf/libsrc directory.

- OR, your system might have been configured set the library search
  path (LD_LIBRARY_PATH) to search the directory in which a 64-bit
  netCDF library was installed.

If my hypothesis is correct, you could remove/rename the netCDF library
installed wherever it is being found so that the one in the McIDAS
build gets used.

Ticket ID: HIF-234168
Department: Support McIDAS