[McIDAS #SMX-272962]: mcidas question

Hi Sepide,

re:
> so far everything goes well, but i just have some questions,
> si in imgcopy.k can't i copy all of the images to my output data set,
>
> because i typed:
>
> imgcopy.k TEST/GOES7.ALL  NCDF/GOES7IR  LATLON=-1.38 48.48 SIZE=300 600
>
> but it gave me an error in .ALL part, so i tried it without .ALL but i just
> have one output.

The error is correct; you need to do one image at a time.

re:
> the same thing happened for the imgprobe.

The reason is the same; you need to do one image at a time.

re:
> Is there anyway that i extracts the point from all the files that i have?

The easiest thing to do is write a script that does the IMGCOPY and/or IMGPROBE
one after another, but one at a time.

re:
> and where can i find the ascii file? under which name?

OK, here is a new concept for you:

The text output of the IMGPROBE command goes to stdout (the screen) by default.
You can tell the command to write the output to a file using the DEV= keyword.
In your case, I think that you want to write simple ASCII text for any/all of
your images to a single output file.  You would do this as follows:

<as 'sepide' on tormenta>

cd $MCDATA
imgprobe.k LIST POINT DATASET=TEST/GOES.1 LATLON=-1.38 48.48 MODE=N DEV=TTT
visval.txt

The file 'visal.txt' will be written in your McIDAS working directory (i.e., to
/home/sepide/mcidas/data since MCDATA is defined to be this for your login).

re:
> Thanks so much for your help,
> I think i am almost done with this because of you.

No worries.  I am glad to hear that your work is progressing well.

Ticket ID: SMX-272962
Department: Support McIDAS