[McIDAS #SMX-272962]: mcidas question

Hi Sepideh,

re:
> i am a new user of mcidas -X and i have a problem with it.  I don't know
> how to open an area file in mcidas.  can you help me with that?

Data access in McIDAS is done by a server.  In order to access imagery in
AREA file format, you first have to setup an ADDE dataset (description of
what the data is and where it can be found) for the images.  The McIDAS
application DSSERVE is used to create these dataset descriptions.

re:
> is there any special person to contact?

If you have McIDAS-related questions, please send them to address@hidden.

Question:

- what institution are you associated with?

- where did you get the copy of McIDAS-X that you are using?

re:
> thanks in advance for your help and time,

No worries.

Ticket ID: SMX-272962
Department: Support McIDAS