[McIDAS #CQU-239775]: Make install - Mcidas

Hi Daniella,

re:
> I'm sorry I didn't even present myself.  I'm a student from  UFRJ(Universidade
> Federal do Rio de Janeiro) a brazilian university.  I got  McIdas-X from my
> teacher after find out I can't get it from unidata site. Do I need some
> special
> autorization?

No, the UFRJ is authorized to download McIDAS.  The reason I asked is the
email address you have used, address@hidden, is not one associated
with a university, so I did not know who you are.

re:
> McIDAS was installed but has some problems yet.

OK.

re:
> My problem now is configurate Mcidas properly.
> Is there a right <fully_qualified_directory_name> to be the XCDDATA?
> I put my in /data/ldm/mcidas, but I don't if I did the right thing.

McIDAS doesn't care where you put your data, but it needs to know where
that data is.

re:
> After that I try to the "Getting Started with ADDE" part but my IMGDISP disply
> nothing!

OK.  If I understand you correctly, you want to use McIDAS to analyze/display
some satellite imagery that you have.  Correct?

re:
> In Mcidas-X window every time a go in Dysplay option and ask anything I receid
> this error message:
>
> expected integer but got ""
> expected integer but got ""
> while executing
> "format "%2d" $curfram"
> (procedure "curFrame" line 4)
> invoked from within
> "curFrame $bframe"
> invoked from within
> "set CurFrame [curFrame $bframe]"
> (command bound to event)

OK, this is from the Unidata McIDAS GUI, MCGUI.

re:
> Is this an error of configuration?

Yes, something is not configured correctly.

Would it be possible for me to logon to the UFRJ machine where McIDAS
is installed so I can review the installation?  If the answer is yes,
I would need the password for the 'mcidas' user and the machine
the software is installed on.  These should be sent in separate emails
to my private Unidata emaili address, address@hidden, ** without
reference to the name of the account or the machine on which McIDAS is
installed **.  What I mean is:

- send one email with the password with no reference to the machine or
  account name

- send a separate email with the machine name with no reference to the
  account name or password

> Thank you for your help,

No worries.

Ticket ID: CQU-239775