[McIDAS #PQT-158957]: Downloading McIDAS-X

Hi John,

re:
> I'm trying to download McIDAS-X, which I used to be able to do, but I
> don't seem to be able to get the latest version. The previous version I
> had downloaded and installed without issue (2009.2). But I get a login
> challenge to get to 2010.1 and then get a 403 - Forbidden.

Since you note that you were able to download v2009.2 previously, and
since the version numbering scheme for Unidata McIDAS follows a different
convention (e.g., v2009a, v2009b, etc.), it is likely that you previously
downloaded McIDAS directly from SSEC, not Unidata.  Sites that are members
in good standing of SSEC's McIDAS Users Group (MUG) are allowed to access
Unidata McIDAS, but access has to be setup on a user-by-user basis.

re:
> I'm supporting the NOAA NSOF CLASS application migration to Linux from
> AIX at the NOAA NSOF facility in Suitland, MD.

I think that you are wanting to download McIDAS from SSEC.  Please check
with the MUG support folks, address@hidden, if you have problems
there.

Ticket ID: PQT-158957