[McIDAS #CQU-239775]: Make install - Mcidas

Hi Daniella,

re:
> I'm trying install  Mcidas-x but I'm lost by now.
> After type comand make I 've found this:
>
> ./tclcomp ./mccomp -O -gfortran -I. -I../netcdf/libsrc -I../hdf/hdf/src
> -I../hdf
> /mfhdf/libsrc -I../jpeg -I../libpng -I../zlib -I../tiff/libtiff
> -I../libgeotiff
> -I../jasper/src/libjasper/include -I../g2clib -I../bzip2 -I../tcl
> -I../tcl/gener
> ic -I../tk -I../tk/generic -I../tk/unix -c wishcrex.c
> eval: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
> compile       wishcrex.c:             FAILED
>
> So following same instruction of the help section, I did this:
>
> change:
> #!/bin/sh
>
> to:
>
> #!/bin/bash
>
> - restart the build:
> make

Very good.  I assume that you are trying the build on an Ubuntu or Debian
Linux system?

re:
> I didn't 'make clobber' just 'make' The program end.

OK.  Just to remind you, a 'make' will build the McIDAS-X component
of Unidata McIDAS; it will not build the McIDAS-XCD component.

re:
> So I finally did the make install.all, but found this:
>
> make: ERROR: Lack files needed for install: libxcd.a
>
> You must do a 'make' before doing a 'make install'
>
> Could you please help me?

Running 'make install.all' is saying that you want to install
the McIDAS-X _and_ McIDAS-XCD components of the build.  By building
with 'make' (which is equivalent to 'make mcx') you only built
the McIDAS-X portion.  If you want to install the McIDAS-X portion,
you would run 'make install.mcxall'.  If you want to build the
XCD portion (decoders), you would run:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2009/src
make all

After the build finishes successfully, you would then run:

make install.all

re:
> I'm totally lost.

It sounds like you are almost there, so you are only a bit lost :-)

Question:

- what institution are you building McIDAS for?

  Unidata McIDAS-X/-XCD is only to be used by .edu entities and by
  international universities where it would be used in by students
  for their degree(s).

Ticket ID: CQU-239775
Department: Support McIDAS