[McIDAS #LVQ-983678]: NCAR Visitor

Hi Steve,

I am currently in Foz do Iguassu, Brazil at the AGU 2010 Meeting
of the Americas...

re:
> Rit Carbone has a visitor (Yanping Li) working on some TOGA-COARE
> GMS satellite data over the next few weeks. I managed to find archived
> imagery in McIDAS format in the NCAR archives, and to my astonishment
> we were able to read some sample files!

Yahoo! :-)

re:
> Yanping is choosing 2 different
> days of data to analyze, and she will download the needed files. The
> problem is,
>
> our PREDICT Hurricane project begins next week and we won't have anyone
> around here to help her get started with McIDAS. I was wondering if you (or
> someone you suggest) could briefly introduce her to McIDAS and get her
> started with her analysis?

Sure, no problem. I return to Boulder on Friday, and will be back at work
on Monday.  Please give me a call (x8642) or send a follow-up email
letting me know when would it would be convenient for Yanping to get
together.

re:
> I know you are busy, but any help (or suggestions) you
> could offer her would be greatly appreciated.

No worries, I'm glad to help if/where I can.  Talk to you on Monday...

Ticket ID: LVQ-983678
Department: Support McIDAS