[McIDAS #AOE-843254]: problem with DEV=T

Hi Owen,

re:
> Thank you for taking the time on the phone today to help me debug my
> machine.

No worries.  I was sorry to have to cut out on you before we figured
out the problem.  I had people coming over and needed to get to the
store...

re:
> I played around with the GRDCOPY problem by trying to write to
> other directories. I think I found a typo in LWPATH.NAM which apparently
> fixed the problem. So the GRDCOPY mystery was probably just a stupid
> error on my part, but at least I think we got a little closer to solving
> the problem with DEV=T.
>
> Just let me know when you get a chance to look at DEV=T some more.

Can you take a harder look at the REDIRECTion settings in CALNEX.NAM
and/or LWPATH.NAM to see if the same kind of typo is causing the
DEV=T failure?  If you think about it, the two errors that we saw
were/are both results of not being able to write output files. Since
my testing on my Unidata machine did not try to use your CALNEX.NAM
settings exactly, and since I could not reproduce your problem on
my machine, my suspicion is that the "Problem with DEV= global keyword"
error is actually trying to tell us that the file specified in the
DEV=T keyword sequence can not be created.  Since the location for
writing the file is specified in a REDIRECTion, we are probably being
admonished that the output directory can not be found.

re:
> thanks again

No worries.  Please let me know if you find something that resolves the
DEV=T problem.

Ticket ID: AOE-843254
Department: Support McIDAS