[McIDAS #MPZ-243939]: New NEXRAD Level III Radar products

Hi again Rick,

re:
> I don't have the exact echo/raw values, but any brightness
> values above 160 (as seen using imgdisp/imgprobe directly off the
> server) became zero on the local image that was copied from the server.
>
> Any clues why this would be happening.

I just displayed the 20:53:47 image from AMX (Miami) since it has
some strong echos (brightnesses > 160).  I then IMGCOPYed the same
image to a local dataset, and loaded it in another frame.  When
either image is interrogated at the same spot the return value
for RAW and BRIT are the same.  The values that seem to get set
to zero on the local image are ECHO and VIP.

Question:

- is the ECHO and/or VIP values what you are referring to above?

Ticket ID: MPZ-243939
Department: Support McIDAS