[McIDAS #QZV-564351]: decoder example for HRIT data from MTSAT

Hi Gary,

re:
> I am looking to decode a file not a signal.

OK, so the comments in the SSEC SDI document does not help you.

re:
> I have MTSAT files from a JWA ftp server. They are in 'HRIT' format and I have
> to convert them to the file format we use in the AOAWS system. The task is to
> write a reformatter.

OK.  Any chance I could get one of the files to play with?  I believe that
McIDAS-X already has the capability of reading the HRIT format.  If that is
the case, then the job would boil down to:

- installing McIDAS
- setting up an input ADDE dataset for the HRIT data
- setting up an output ADDE dataset in either McIDAS AREA or netCDF
  format
- doing an IMGCOPY to copy from the HRIT format to the AREA or netCDF
  formatted file

If the objective is to have a standalone piece of code to do the conversion
into some other format, then I can't be of help much; sorry.

Ticket ID: QZV-564351