[McIDAS #WAZ-899768]: migrating to goes-13

Hi Ed,

re: modifying ADDE server setup for RTIMAGES datasets

> thanks, i am able to see and process the images.

Very good.

re:
> but there is no information ( time stamp etc ) in the bottom left of the
> image.
> before, i would get in the bottom left of the image:
> 1 0001 G-12 IMG   4 14 APR 10104 181500 09238  08891 01.00
> now:
> 1 0001 DERIVED DATA   0 JAN 00000 000000 00000 00000 00.00

This is _very_ weird!

re:
> does another table/database have to be edited so that 'imgdisp.k'(?) can see
> and
> then print this info on the image ?

No, not at all.  The default labeling at the bottom of images should reflect the
data being displayed.

Since I still have the 'mcidas' login on metofis, I took the liberty of
logging on and running McIDAS with display back to my workstation in
Colorado.  After noticing and then deleting some files that should not
exist in the $MCDATA directory (TERMCHAR.001, GRAPHICS.KEY and FRAMENH.001),
I started a McIDAS-X MCGUI session.  I then loaded the most recent
RTIMAGES/GE-IR
image (which was from 17:45:00 UTC today) and saved a GIF of the result
as $MCDATA/goes13ir_20100419_1745.gif.  When you take a look at the GIF,
you will see that the labeling at the bottom is what is normal/expected.

Questions:

- are you seeing the labeling problem running from the 'mcidas' account,
  or are your running from a different account?

- do you see any extraneous files in your $MCDATA directory (e.g., TERMCHAR.001,
  GRAPHICS.KEY and FRAMENH.001)?

- if you were running in the 'mcidas' account, do you still see the labeling
  problem?

Ticket ID: WAZ-899768