[McIDAS #LBE-697456]: NEXRAD ADDE server on ADDE.CISE-NSF.GOV

Hi Russ,

re:
re: reactivation of the 6 km national base reflectivity composite
> I typically go after the 1KM product, so I hadn't noticed
> that the 6M and 10KM images were not active.

This had not been active for over a year.  I didn't think it was
important given the availability of the 1 km composite, so I didn't
work on reactivation until yesterday when I got tired of the HUGE
overhead experienced in IDV/McV for the 1 km images.  The 6 km ones
load nice and fast, and one can put up long loops without bogging
down IDV/McV.  I reactivated the 10 km RCM composites just because
I could :-)

re:
> Here is something that we have been working on here.
>
> Web Mapping Server (WMS) ->   http://dcdbs.ssec.wisc.edu:8080/nexrcomp.html
>
> The enhancement needs to be updated but this display works on
> all types of browsers (including smartphones). We re-project the data
> in the Rectilinear projection and write it out in GeoTIF format. The
> file is then sent to the WMS where it is "warped" into the Google
> projection. This is what we will be basing PAW || on.

Very cool!  I especially like the transparency of the echos so that the
location labels can be read as they are crossed.

Ticket ID: LBE-697456
Department: Support McIDAS