[McIDAS #XPS-217546]: Access to mcidas programs and files

Hi Greg,

re:
> I've been trying to update our mcidas software and I'm getting a
> permission denied response when I access the mcidas software pages

This likely means that the email address you used to register with
the Unidata website does not end in '.edu' or that the affiliation type
that you specified when you registered did not specify that you are from
an educational institution.  No worries, we can add you to the list
of users allowed access to Unidata McIDAS.  I enabled access for
your registered address address@hidden address.

re:
> (yes
> it's been awhile since the last time I updated).  I have registered and
> the system does say that I'm logged in.

OK.  Again, it is probably either your email address not being recognized as
being from an '.edu' (e.g., you used a gmail.com email address, etc.) or
the institution type was not educational.

re:
> Here is the specifc response
>
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access
> /downloads/mcidas/unix/2009/WHATSNEW.2009 on this server.
>
> I should be in your system as address@hidden.

Please give the access another try.  You should now be allowed...

Ticket ID: XPS-217546
Department: Support McIDAS