[McIDAS #KMO-948594]: Problem with install of McIDAS2009

Hi Greg,

re:
> I just finished building mcidas 2009 on our newly upgraded
> CentOS5.4 machine. Everything appeared to go well with the build with
> the exception of hdf. I'm attaching the makelog file from the build. A
> google search suggested the problem was related to building tools for
> HDF, specifically 'ncgen'. Is this something I should be worried about
> fixing for McIDAS? If so what am I missing?

Near the end of the makelog log file you included is the reason for the
problems you are seeing:

WARNING: `flex' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
         you modified a `.l' file.  You may need the `Flex' package
         in order for those modifications to take effect.  You can get
         `Flex' from any GNU archive site.

So, you should install the flex package (e.g., yum install flex) and
rebuild the McIDAS distribution from scratch:

<as 'root'>
-- install flex

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2009/src
make clobber
make all
make install.all   <- assuming that the 'make all' step went without problems

NB:

- it is possible that there may be another/other package(s) missing from your
  development environment.  If the rebuild does not proceed to conclusion,
  you may be forced to install the other package(s) and try again.

Ticket ID: KMO-948594