[McIDAS #CEY-749460]: Suggested feature additions for CIRCLE and IMGDISP

Hi Russ,

re:
> New version of CIRCLE has been checked into CVS.

Super.  I will snag it; test it; and incorporate it into the Unidata
release.

re:
> RE: modifing your server --- This will mean that you will have to
> get the latitude and longitude of the station specified by the ID=
> keyword and then adjust the request of the request to "fool" the server
> into thinking it was a EC load.

You realize that all servers return the Lat,Lon of the center portion
of the image as one of the AUX cards!?

re:
> If we (SSEC) ever do the right thing and modify IMGDISP to do this,
> all you will have to do is pull the NAV=PS out of the Unidata MIDAS.USER
> file. Who knows, perhaps some day when IMGDISP requires a MUG requested
> modification, some programmer might just slip in some code to do this
> the right way ;-)

I am thinking that the subroutine that picks-up keywords for IMGDISP
(don't remember the name off of the top of my head) can look at
the AUX block word that has the Lat,Lon of the center and use it
as the default for Nexrad/TDWR image loads.  I will be looking at
this approach later today also.

Ticket ID: CEY-749460
Department: Support McIDAS