[McIDAS #ZDH-972490]: Problem compiling McIDAS-X 2009 on Solaris 10

Hi Robert,

re:
> I am getting an error compiling McIDAS 2009 on Soalris 10 Update
> 8 using Sun Studio 12 Update 1.  It works fine until I get to the
> Tcl/TK section and it bombs with this error:
>

> make
> cc -O -O -DNDEBUG  tclAppInit.o -L/usr/mcidas/mcidas2009/tcl/unix -ltcl8.5
> -ldl  -lsocket -lnsl -lm  \
> -Wl,-R,/usr/mcidas/tcl/lib -o tclsh
> symbol                             in file
> ieee_flags
> /usr/mcidas/mcidas2009/tcl/unix/libtcl8.5.so
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to tclsh
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `tclsh'
> Current working directory /usr/mcidas/mcidas2009/tcl/unix
> make    /usr/mcidas/mcidas2009/tcl/unix:        FAILED

This is a new, unexpected one for me; we build routinely on Solaris 10
x86_64 using Sun Studio 12 compilers. I just worked with another
site to find and fix a bug in the ADDE TEXT serving (wtxgserv) on
this platform, and routinely work with CU/CIRES on their Solaris
10 x86_64 installation of McIDAS, and neither site had any problems
with the Tcl/Tk portion of the build.

Can you send me the contents of your shell configuration file (e.g., .cshrc
for C Shell, etc.)?  I want to verify that you are reading the
~mcidas/admin/mcidas_env.(sh|csh) configuration file to set the
environment variables needed to perform a McIDAS build successfully.

Ticket ID: ZDH-972490