[McIDAS #JRK-547142]: install mcidas2009 in a SUN Solaris10x86_64 machine

Hi Hsie,

re:
> I switch over to mcidas2009 this morning.  I still have problem to file
> grib2 model data.  I only get a file "naverror.grb2" in
> /home/mcidas/savedata/grib directory.  Even after I rebuild the MySQL
> database.

I logged onto stratus after seeing this message earlier today, and tried
to figure out why the GRIB2 processing is not working.  I see lots of
warnings in ~ldm/logs/XCD_START.LOG that are indicating a problem, but
I do not yet know what to do to fix it.

Just so you now, GRIB2 processing has been and continues to work fine
on my 64-bit McIDAS installation under Fedora 10 Linux.  I would suspect
that things would also work fine on your Solaris 10 x86_64 system (stratus).

I will continue investigating the problem...

Ticket ID: JRK-547142