[McIDAS #YGO-324744]: repair grib database error

Hi Hsie,

re: use 'gribadmin removedb' followed by 'gribadmin makedb' to remake
the MySQL database for McIDAS GRIB processing

> I do exactly you mentioned above.  In doing so, I find a problem in
> "gribadmin" script.  Can you change the PATH order from:
>
> PATH=$PATH:$mysql_path

> PATH=$mysql_path:$PATH
>

> In my situation, I have a SUN installed 32-bit mysql and a 64-bit mysql
> I installed under /usr/local/mysql.

I see: the Sun-installed, 32-bit version of 'mysql' will be found before
the 64-bit one you installed separately when the standard PATH is searched
first.  I will make the change you recommend in 'gribadmin' in the next
Unidata McIDAS-X v2009 addendum.

> I need to use the 64-bit version in
> order to work with 64-bit LDM and McIDAS.  Following your original path,
> I always use the SUN installed one and the following error message:
>
> ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by
> server; consider upgrading MySQL client

OK.

> The version of McIDAS I am running on stratus are mcidas2007.  It can
> not decode GRIB2 files.

It can, but not as well as the v2008 or v2009 distributions.  The GRIB2
grids are only decoded by the DMBIN data monitor.  The DMGRID data monitor
does not (as you say) decoded GRIB2 messages.

> I will try to upgrade both stratus (mcidas2007)
> and rainbow (mcidas2005) to mcidas2009.  I setup a test machine
> (anvil.al.noaa.gov) to do a test run first.  Could you please take a
> look at that machine to see if I set everything up correctly.  The
> sequence I set it up is recorded in the /home/mcidas/README file.

I will take a look at anvil when I get to my office.

Ticket ID: YGO-324744
Department: Support McIDAS