[McIDAS #JGK-752960]: converting McIDAS-AREA to Geotiff 16-bit

Hi Ammarin,

re:
> The source if my GOES12 data was CLASS-NOAA.

Very good.

> Is McIDAS-X freely available to University of Central Florida?

Yes, McIDAS-X/-XCD is freely available to U.S. educational institutions.
You need to register with the Unidata website, however, to get access.
This is done online by:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
  - click on the Login link in the tool bar across the top of the page
  - follow directions for new users
  - please make sure to indicate that you are from a degree granting
    institution!

After you are registered, you will be allowed access to McIDAS through
the Downloads page:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/index.jsp

Ticket ID: JGK-752960