[McIDAS #GZE-197805]: Permission denied when downloading software

Hi Dave,

re:
> When I browse to:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/ObtainingMcIDAS-X.html
>
> and try to download the 2008 mcidas software, it tells me that i don't have
> permission to download the software.

Unidata is licensed by the University of Wisconsin (UW) Space Science and
Engineering Center (SSEC), the owners and primary developers of McIDAS,
to distribute McIDAS to educational institutions.  Sites like NOAA must
get McIDAS directly from SSEC.  In order to do this, your site would
need to join the McIDAS Users Group (MUG) operated by SSEC.

I am CCing the SSEC McIDAS Users Group folks, address@hidden, on
this reply in case you want to follow-up with them on getting licensed
for McIDAS use.  Once and as long as your are a member in good standing
in the MUG, you would be allowed to download our distribution of McIDAS,
Unidata McIDAS-X (a superset of the version of McIDAS available from
SSEC).

I am sorry we can't be of more help...

Ticket ID: GZE-197805
Department: Support McIDAS