[McIDAS #TSY-435654]: IDV/ADDE Questions

Hi Adam,

re:
> Ok BLIZZARD is setup.

Great.  I added it to the list of datasets available on tornado.

> One question...do you want RTGRIBS or RTGRIDS?  I think they are being
> served....

Actually, they can be different (they are on adde.ucar.edu).  RTGRIDS
contains GRIB1 model output decoded into McIDAS GRID format.  RTGRIBS is the
GRIB1 and GRIB2 model data that is left in its original format, but whose
metadata has been harvested and stored in the MySQL database.  In a perfect
world, the GRIB1 data portion of each dataset would be identical.  My
findings are, however, that there are slight differences.  I have been
working to find and fix the coding problem(s) that cause the differences,
but I have not been entirely successful yet.  Given this, I would opt
to serve both _assuming_, of course, that your setup reflects the
GRIB1 decoding for RTGRIDS and GRIB1/2 processing for RTGRIBS.

> Thanks,

Thanks for allowing others to access ADDE datasets off of tornado.
This will be a well received community resource!

Ticket ID: TSY-435654
Department: Support McIDAS