[McIDAS #BWO-696431]: ADDE access to DMSP-OLS imagery

Hi Tyn,

re:
> Long time no contact.... How are you?

I am doing well, thanks.  Right now we are a bit busy with the Unidata
Users workshop (not training workshop) that is being held here in Boulder.

How have you been?

> I was wondering if there is any ADDE server providing access to DMSP-OLS
> imagery?

I am not sure that there are any servers with this data.  If there are,
I am fairly certain that they would not be freely accessible.  I will,
however, check around to see if anyone knows of an appropriate site.  I
have access to at least one restricted NOAA site that has polar orbiting
satellite data.  It does't look like it has DMSP data, however.  I
will check with my NOAA/ESPC contact to see if they have a server with
the type of data you are looking for.

> Christoph, here are some examples I was talking about:
>
> Ecological Economics : Mapping regional economic activity from ...
> <http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0921800905001254>
>
> It appears that the use of a single coefficient to disaggregate the
> national ..... Map of estimated economic activity based on DMSP-OLS
> radiance-calibrated ...
> linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0921800905001254 - Similar pages
> <http://www.google.nl/search?hl=en&q=related:linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0921800905001254>
>
> Observations of urban and suburban environments with global ...
> <http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0924271609000100>
>
> The primary limitation of the DMSP-OLS sensor is related to persistent
> ..... This was done in order to disaggregate each urban area population
> from the total ..... level of economicdevelopment, and social-science
> data availability. ...
> linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0924271609000100 - Similar pages
> <http://www.google.nl/search?hl=en&q=related:linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0924271609000100>

Ticket ID: BWO-696431