[McIDAS #EDE-106723]: Access to McIDAS

Hi Fabio,

re:
> Thanks for your reply.

No worries.  Again, I must apologize for the extra step in getting
you access to Unidata McIDAS.  You will receive an email a little
later letting you know that you, address@hidden, have been
given access to the distribution.

> I am a researcher at Laboratório de Métodos Computacionais em
> Engenharia/COPPE/UFRJ. We have a talk at Latin American Data Workshop
> about the use of GOES and NOAA satellite imagens obtained by
> COPPE/UFRJ antennas  in IDD network. I am  working on project named
> CENDAS (in English: Center for Satellite Environmental Data
> Distribution) and will start to use use IDD and McIDAS as a facility
> issue.

Very good.

> Please, how could I become available our data to IDD?

Once you have the data in a format that is generally usable (e.g.,
individual satellite bands (wavelength channels) in individual
files in AREA or some other generally usable format) I will help
you create the needed Product IDs and then inject the products into
an LDM queue on a machine in your facility.  In preparation for all
of this, you can:

- identify a machine on which you can run the LDM (Unix/Linux machine)
  and which has a good, high speed network connection

- create the 'ldm' account on that machine

- download and install the LDM as per instructions listed in the
  LDM web pages that we maintain:

Unidata Homepage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
  LDM
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm
    LDM 6.7.0 home page
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.7.0/
      LDM Reference
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.7.0/basics/index.html

When you get to that point and need assistance, please send us a new
inquiry (not a reply to this one) directed to address@hidden.

> Thanks in advance,

No worries.

Ticket ID: EDE-106723