[McIDAS #JBI-672651]: Expanding widow of death

Hi Mike,

re: continually expanding gui window size under Ubuntu

> I can replicate the problem repeatedly on my laptop running
> ubuntu/GNOME. Here are the results when I tried it on other
> systems:
>
> CentOS/GNOME                 Ran OK
> Solaris 9/CDE                Ran OK
> Mac OS X                     Ran OK

OK, thanks for the info.  I run successfully under:

Fedora Gnome (Fedora 3-10) and KDE (Fedora 7-10)
OpenSUSE/KDE
Solaris 10 i386 and SPARC
IRIX64
AIX 5.3
RedHat Enterprise 4, 5 Gnome and KDE
Debian (can't remember the version)

> Let me know if you have any ideas on how to get it to
> run on ubuntu/GNOME.

I can run Ubuntu as a VMWare virtual machine on my Windows XP
laptop.  I have not run in this environment in quite awhile,
but I seem to remember at least one instance of the ever expanding
gui and numerous instances of correct execution.  I will crank up
the virtual machine again and see if I can discover anything relevant.

More after running tests...

Ticket ID: JBI-672651